4 Facts About Incredible Italy

      Comments Off on 4 Facts About Incredible Italy

We all know the basic facts about Italy–the capital is Rome and the currency is the Euro.

The population of Italy is around 60,626,442. However only 92% of those are Italians. Minorities such as Romanians, North Africans, Albanians, and others compose the other 8% of the whole.

The workforce distribution of Italy goes something like this: 63% are from services, 32% are from the industry, 5% are in agriculture, and 8.6% are unemployed.

The most populous city is Rome, then Milan, then Naples, then Turin, then Palermo.

Here are 4 more facts to fascinate you about Italy.

a11

1. There are 3 active volcanoes in Italy

2. There are 50 UNESCO World Heritage sites in Italy

This is the most number of UNESCO sites in one country in the whole world. It just goes to show the rich history and heritage of Italy. This is virtually the center of arts and culture around the world.

asf23

3.  The Italian peninsula is surrounded by five seas: the Adriatic, Ionian, Tyrrhenean, Ligurian, and the Mediterranean.

You could make a epic poem out of those names alone. Yes, these ancient seas lock this great country.

4. Italy is the largest producer of wine

Yes, you can eat, sleep, and be merry in the country of love. This is where people know how to relax and have a good time. Italy is indeed a place to relax, eat, and let go. The “eat” destination in “Eat, Pray, Love,” it certainly stays true to its promise of delicious eats and drinks.

So, there you have it, some fun facts about the great country of Italy.